Understanding the importance of focus on youth in our community, the Youth Committee was established in 2013.
The Youth Committee exists to identify, promote, improve, increase and provide services and programs for young people in Airmont. The Youth Committee is a group of Airmont residents that advocate to the community on behalf of youth. The Youth Committee is a diverse group of parents with many perspectives, ages and backgrounds.
The Committee will help youth to be actively involved in community entities, encourage other young people to get involved, and voice the concerns and needs of our young people. The Committee is committed to providing safe, fun and affordable entertainment to the community.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Meet with full committee as scheduled
- Meet with individual school groups for input
- Promote dialogue with members of the school represented
- Develop efforts to encourage positive youth opportunities
- Develop efforts to encourage youth engagement in community issues
The Youth Center Events committee is comprised of the following members:
- Lee DeNigris
- Christine Gigante
- Kevin Jersey
- Joanne Shannon
- Nick Tomiello
- Cheryl Valenti
- Bryan Valenti