The Village of Airmont automatically collects and stores the following information about visitors to this web site:
- User client host name. The host name or Internet Protocol address of the user requesting access to the website.
- HTTP header, “user agent.” The user agent information includes the type of browser, its version, and the operating system on which that the browser is running.
- HTTP header, “referrer.” The referrer specifies the web page from which the user accessed the current web page.
- System date. The date and time of the user’s request.
- Full request. The exact request the user made.
- Status. The status code the server returned to the user.
- Content length. The content length, in bytes, of any document sent to the user.
- Method. The request method used.
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI). The location of a resource on the server.
- Query string of the URI. Anything after the question mark in a URI.
- Protocol. The transport protocol and the version used.
The information that is collected automatically is used to improve this website’s content and to help us to understand how users are interacting with the website. This information is collected for statistical analysis, to determine what information is of most and least interest to our users, and to improve the utility of the material available on the website. The information is not collected for commercial marketing purposes.
Collecting Your Personal Information
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you. Generally, this information is requested when you are registering as an authorized user of the content provided on this site, or inquire about services offered by the Village of Airmont. The Village of Airmont does not knowingly collect personal information from children or create profiles of children through this website. Users are cautioned, however, that the collection of personal information submitted in e-mail will be treated as though it was submitted by an adult, and may, unless exempted from access by federal or State law, be subject to public access. Compliance Guides strongly encourages parents and teachers to be involved in children’s Internet activities and to provide guidance whenever children are asked to provide personal information online.
Use Of Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To make the site easier for you to use by not making you enter your personal information more than once.
- To deliver services that you request or purchase.
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you.
- To alert you to updated information and other new services from the Village of Airmont.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing event registration. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. The Village of Airmont may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Compliance Guides or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Compliance Guides, or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Compliance Guide products and services, this web site, or the public.
Control of Your Personal Information
The Village of Airmont will not share personal information that we receive from you with third parties without your permission, other than for the limited exceptions already listed. It will only be used for the purposes stated above. Registering allows you to tell us how or whether you want us to communicate with you. When you register, you can decide what information you want to receive and how you want to receive it. Or you can tell us not to contact you. The Village or Airmont may send out periodic e-mails informing you of updates to this site should only if you have subscribed for this service. You will be able to choose to unsubscribe to these mailings.
Choice and Control
You are ultimately in control of the personally-identifiable information you provide to us on our site. For example, you can always change your preference for follow-up contacts just by e-mailing the Webmaster at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org